Sunday 4 November 2007

The UN Torch Relay


It was only by chance that I found out the UN For Taiwan Torch Rally was making its way back to Taipei. Although I had plans for later in the evening, a friend and I did make our way down to the area in front of the Presidential Building to see what was going on. Unfortunately, we had to hoof it before the torch arrived, so this post is not so much a documentary of the event as a collection of snapshots of things that caught my eye before going elsewhere.

Uniformed Security


Plainclothes Security



Interested Observer
(I have come across this guy multiple times at political events)



Say Yes to Taiwan
....you know the rest



Man in Tweed



There are always a lot of smokers at rallies. Dunno why.



Banners in the Background



As the Sun Goes Down



Holding Signs



Looking On



Part of the Crowd



Greens



Green With Glasses



Crowd Control



Happy



Not So Happy



Banner



Glowsticks



Watching and Waiting

No comments: